Reading Food Growing Network
One of the broader aims of our food4families project is to realise the potential for substantially increasing the amount of home and community grown food across Greater Reading.
We believe that building a local network of community based food-growing projects and individual growers (existing and new) can help to build a broader community interest and engagement in healthy and sustainable local food production and consumption.
The network aims to:
- Connect local food growers in Reading and promote the expansion of sustainable local food production
- Generate advice and support for new and existing growers
- Facilitate resource sharing and buying power e.g. seed & manure purchase or plant swaps
- Support the exchange of ideas and information related to food growing in Reading
- Celebrate local food together at the Reading Town Meal and organise other events such as potato/apple days
For more information and how to become a member visit our website: www.readingfoodgrowingnetwork.org.uk